It’s hard to believe that one year ago today, we were roaming the halls of the old (former) Somerset High School building with a few thousand alumni and friends. Thanks to everyone’s support we were able to give out some wonderful scholarships this year for the first time!
What is your favorite memory from high school? Email email@example.com to be included in our memory book. These questions are fun too, we would love to know:
- How did you feel last year walking through the halls one last time?
- Who did you see that you didn’t expect to see?
- What was your favorite part of the event?
- How did you feel when it was over?
- What was the biggest surprise for you at the event?
- Would you like to have similar events in the future?
- Did you buy any furniture or pieces of the school at the event auction? What did you buy and why?
- How did you feel seeing people you haven’t seen in so long? How much time had passed for you?
- When was the last time you were in Somerset?
- What do you miss about Somerset?
- If you could relive one part of high school, what would it be?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- What is one thing that most people didn’t know about you in high school that you’d like to share?
- What are some of the goals that you had in high school that you achieved as an adult?
- Did a certain teacher, friend or staff member inspire you to achieve what you’ve achieved as an adult?
- Is there someone special you’d like to give a shoutout to? Who and why?
- In retrospect, is there something in high school that helped you accomplish your goals and dreams today?
- What was your favorite sport/extra curricular activity? To play? To watch?
- Is there someone you miss the most?
- Ask and answer a question of your own 🙂
We have a lot of plans for Raiders Remember. Reunion database and alumni news, updates, scholarships and fun events in the works. We couldn’t have done it without everyone’s amazing support! We’re happy to have you as part of the community.
We look forward to the future of Raiders Remember and hope to keep you all involved in our community! You’re all a huge part of our success that we plan to build upon every year!
Cheers to our wonderful school and our amazing Town of Somerset. We have such a special place to call home. The loyalty and camaraderie of this town was embodied at the event a year ago today.
Thank you all!
About the scholarship fund and foundation:
The Raiders Remember Scholarship Fund was established in 2014 as a result of the Raiders Remember Farewell Event for the former Somerset High School building, looking forward to new beginnings and the future of Somerset Berkley Regional High School. The success of the event has made it such that we are building a perpetuating foundation that gives back to Somerset, including scholarships to graduates of SBRHS attending accredited two or four year, degree-granting colleges or universities, including vocational, and technical colleges. We are very proud to have awarded our very first group of scholarships this year!
Raiders Remember was founded on a set of core values: loyalty, leadership, legacy, community, extra curricular involvement, personality and presentation. We are inspired by our award winners, and strongly believe that they exemplify the Raider spirit. We truly believe they ultimately will preserve the Raiders Remember culture and core values.
The application process this year consisted of the submittal of a paper application and transcript, along with an essay, of which the applicants had to “Describe a positive aspect of SBRHS and discuss how it has impacted [their] experience as a member of the community.” The top candidates were then interviewed, and the top two candidates were chosen. In fact, the committee felt so strongly about the performance of the interviews that we unanimously voted to award them with a $500 Honorable Mention Scholarship. We are very proud to be able to give back to these students. They did a tremendous job.